Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rainbow Ombre Omelet



I was in the mood for springtime and colors and exciting things like planning gardens and weddings, when I spotted my drab little white eggs in their cartons.  Back when we moved to Vashon Island, I took it upon myself to be a creative housewife type.   (Which meant being a messy housewife, but why split hairs?)  And when spring rolled around, I dyed all of the eggs in my refrigerator, and kept them dyed for months. 
Joseph got home after I had dyed my first batch and panicked because he couldn’t believe I would boil all of our eggs.
“I didn’t boil them,” I said, “I just dyed them.  I’m not stupid.” 
Joseph got used to the colored shells, and I loved seeing the confetti-like flakes in our compost pile. 
So I dyed my eggs today.  All of them.  I made a Rainbow Ombre Omelet. 

And as I was dying those eggs, the mail was shoved into my mailbox.  And guess what I got!  Only the Spring 2013 edition of Brides Magazine!  Thanks to my friend and “bridesmaid” Judy, I will have a year of magazine love. 

This is shaping up to be a colorful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment