Friday, February 1, 2013

Fitness Friday


I feel that I have to be brutally honest with myself.  I jiggle.

I have a slender frame, and most people think of me as a slim person, but like all of America, I am getting chubbier and chubbier.  Since moving to T-town, I have put on literally twenty pounds.  I moved in May, so this is a twenty pound weight gain in eight months.  I felt it coming on.  I went up a pant size.  I can feel the uncomfortable fit of my clothes.  And I smile when my friends say I shouldn’t worry about my weight, but after twenty pounds, I think I should worry now rather than forty pounds from now.  Unlike America, I need to take responsibility for it. 
 

I have a wedding coming up.  I didn’t have the option of getting married ten to twelve years ago when Joseph and I were new, so I have to work extra hard for the cute wedding photos. 
 

So here’s the plan, which is tried and true: Joseph and I will start watching what we eat through the Weight Watchers’ point system.  The reason I love Weight Watchers is because it helps you watch your portion control while shifting you towards making high fiber and low fat decisions.  Joseph and I will also be adding exercise to our regime.  My plan for exercise is to start running again, and work up to a mile a day.  Joseph doesn’t like running, it’s too hard on his back.  So he and I are also looking for work out at home routine.  We are looking for the right video or program on television we can use to work out in the privacy of our own home.  If any of you have suggestions, I am all ears. 

So here are the stats, I will be posting them weekly (or until I lose interest …):

Weight: 162.6 lbs

BMI:  23.3

Exercise units: 0

2 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for the both of you. Swimming is a great alternative to running. I love cardio- pilates and have been doing it for over a year and have lost 20 pounds. I also changed my diet- the best way to lose and keep the weight off is a diet change with exercise. And when I say diet I don't mean I am on a diet- I mean I have a better understanding of nutrition and the kinds of food that keeps my weight down. -Gina Bobina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, portion size, fiber content, and hydration seems to be good lessons to learn.

      Delete