Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Red Lanterns


This February has been cold, moist, gray, and damp.  Yesterday as we sat in front of a television, I couldn't take it any more.  I needed to be somewhere.  Joseph decided this meant a trip to the garage to work on a project with old scrap wood and nails, but I disagreed.
"Well," he said, "what do you want to do?"
I told him wistfully that I wanted to be somewhere red paper lanterns hang.

So Joseph loaded me into the truck, drove me down the street.  We came to a place just blocks away from our home, though we've never been to this place before.  This was the Asian Super Market.  And the first thing I saw were red paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling.  This was it!

The Red Lanterns greeted us before we were even inside!
There were live fish, frozen fish, and fish with strange faces.
The labels shone from shelves in bright hues.
Familiar faces with bold new looks.
Fruits I have never seen before!
Pink sodas, Orange sodas
Teas of Green!
Orange sodas, fuchsia sodas
Teas of red!
tempting new flavors
Frozen Tentacles!
Curry in yellow, curry in green
Curry in every flavor of the rainbow!
fish sauce: so tangy, yet so pretty in pink!
The jams inspired some future experiments!
There were even celebrities!

 I learned that happiness is truly in your own back yard.  I just have to explore all the corners.








No comments:

Post a Comment