Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Jungle

What a horrible year 2011 has been for springtime and gardens.  I hadn’t worried about it thus far because I figured I was moving out of this old farm house and so I didn’t mind that my garden was going to be nonexistent.  To make matters worse, I hadn’t gardened last year, either, because of nursing school.  So my garden is full of blackberries and weeds up to my eyebrows.  But Joseph weed-wacked half of my garden and told me I should get to planting.  The fact that my garden is weed-wacked means I can actually reach the roots of all those weeds.  I asked him what he wanted to plant and he said tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. 

Well, after thinking of gardens in my past, I figured I should just do it.  Either I fail miserably or I succeed amazingly.  Either way, it should make for some good blog entries!

My 2009 garden was so amazing, even the honey bees made an appearance from the brink of extinction to visit it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment