Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Barbie Project Runway Winners

We've had many challenges in our past as Barbie Project Runway competitors, and as my friend and fellow competitor Jackie once said, we've grown as designers.

The first challenge ever was to create something that told everyone who we were as designers.  The winner was Liz with her party dress and vest combo:

The second challenge was to create a look on our sign of the Zodiac, known as "The What's Your Sign Design."  The winner of this Challenge was Jackie with an amazing combo of black and red for her Scorpio Dress.


The Third Challenge was to create a Wedding Dress out of things we could find in our local Grocery Store.  The winning look was actually a tie between Judy and Me.  Judy used pasta to achieve her look and I used cake, frosting, and coconut. 




The fourth challenge was to create a look for a Drag Queen.  We brought out the Ken dolls and brought out the camp.  I thought all our looks were inspired, but Judy's look shone like a star for all to see!  We called it Marie Man-toinette. 


The next year was a reunion competition.  The challenge, which invited new designers, was to create a look that inspired you as a designer.  We had many amazing looks for this, and I will post pictures to showcase the variety we had, but the winner was me with my purple evening gown. 




And our last challenge in 2011 had a fairytale theme.  We were to base a look on a fairytale of our choice.  Once again we had many successes, but Angela won with her Red Riding Hood design.


I can't wait to see what the new challenge will bring.  I was telling Joseph that I wanted to have a challenge based on the "Pretty in Pink" dress, because I hated the actual one in the movie.  But Joseph said that our new challenge should be based on MY FAVORITE BARBIE EVER.  So 2012's challenge is to create a look based on 1984's Peaches n' Cream Barbie.  We have old favorite designers, and some new competitors to show us what they got.  I can't wait, the party is on October 19th, and I've just begun to work on my look.  Watch out, BPR fans! 









No comments:

Post a Comment