Sunday, January 13, 2013

Frank: a Fashion Icon


So Joseph and I were getting ready to go somewhere and I realized I was pairing a striped scarf with a striped sweater, and I thought it was pretty cool.  I threw my arms out and showed Joseph.

“This outfit says I love stripes,” I said.
“Oh,” Joseph replied dryly, “is that what it says?”
Everybody is a critic.  But it got me thinking about what we were going to wear for our wedding.  Joseph and I have very different styles.  He’s all flannel and I’m everything else. 
We know I am no stranger to a wedding dress.

But I really use it more as a costume. 

I used to knit everything.

Even socks.

Lord knows I can rock a pearl necklace.

I make my own hats.

I wear the poop out of store bought hats.

The poncho is a must have for walking dogs or growing tomatoes.

The storm trooper hoodie is chic and not at all invocative of white supremacists.  Okay, maybe it is, I apologize. 

I’ve been known to be a princess.

But I have my signature specks that come from Joseph and his military days.  I had my prescription put in to avoid bumping into things and looking like a dork. 

I’ve been draped in flowers.

What else could I possibly put myself into after all these years?  A purple turban, maybe?  Nope, did that. 

What should a fashion icon wear on his wedding day?  

No comments:

Post a Comment